1. Apply one coat of your favourite magnetic polish and allow to dry*
2. Apply another, slightly thicker coat of your magnetic nail polish and immediately place the magnet above your nail ( you want to get very close but do not touch the surface of your nail ) Hold the magnet above your nail for approximately 10-20 seconds. Use the thin side of the magnet for a cats eye effect. You will get much better results if you do one nail at a time.
3. Repeat step 2 if desired opacity is not reached.
4. Apply your favourite top coat and immediately place the magnet above you nail again for another 10-20 seconds. You will get better results if you do one nail at a time.
* I find it is much better to do one nail at a time. If you wait too long your polish will begin to dry and the magnetic effect will not be as obvious.
*The longer you hold the magnet over the polish, the more pronounced the effect will be, especially after top coating.
*If you prefer to have a very well defined line in your manicure, you can also hold the magnet over the first coat.
About Emily de Molly
Emily de Molly’s mission is to create beautiful, unique nail polish for the nail lover! Made in Australia and specialising in lacquer, stamping plates & accessories.
Product swatch image courtesy of @tanya_wish